Science Enrichment Education for Kids
22 Years Working with Arkansas Homeschoolers
Established in 1999, Science Enrichment Education for Kids or SEEK provides experiential learning, through hands-on science lessons, in a fun indoor/outdoor classroom environment.
- Offer age-appropriate science based curruiculum
- Incorporate hands-on learning components (labs, experiments, field experiences, and dissections)
- Introduce lifelong outdoor recreation activities
- Provide an opportunity for social interaction
- Teach 4-H Life Skills (teamwork, communication, decision making...)
Summary of TENTATIVE 2020-21 plan:
- 2021-22 session is TENTATIVELY scheduled to begin Tuesday, November 30th and end Friday, March 4th (Off two weeks for Christmas Holiday)
- Classes offered Tuesdays through Fridays (including High School). You attend once a week
- Classes offered: 1st & 2nd grade, 3rd & 4th grade, 5th & 6th grade, SEEK Squad, 7th & 8th grade, and High School Biology and Physical Science
- Registration will begin in mid August
- Registration deposit $50 non-refundable
- 9:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. learning day
- SEEK takes place at the C. A. Vines Arkansas 4-H Center
Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, our procedures will follow requirements from the Arkansas Department of Health, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the University of Arkansas System Division of Agriculture.
What do parents have to say about SEEK?
"My kids LOVED this program! Age-appropriate material, incredible activities, and the highlight...fantastic teachers. Cannot say enough about this program :) "
"My kids love the outdoor, hands on activity that SEEK offers, and have made good friends in their time at SEEK."
"Learning was FUN for them. They would always come home talking about what they learned at SEEK. That is something that textbook science can never do!"
"All [my children] have tremendously benefited. One in particular has discovered a love for science. She also is extremely shy and SEEK has challenged her in a good way.”